Chemex Classic 3 Cup (16oz ~450ml) Pour Over
- Regular price
- $79.90 AUD
- Regular price
- Sale price
- $79.90 AUD
- Unit price
The Chemex coffeemaker is an elegant glass coffee maker, in a one-piece hourglass shaped vessel made of high quality, heat resistant glass. The traditional model comes to you with a polished wood collar and leather tie. The collar serves as an insulated handle around the middle of the coffeemaker. The 3 Cup Chemex (16oz ~450ml) is light and compact. The brewer's borosilicate glass is durable, heat-resistant, and crystal clear. It can easily be cleaned with a quick rinse under running warm water.
The Chemex Coffee maker is a true icon of pour over brewing and brews a clean cup and maintains body and balanced floral notes. With a classic hourglass shape which allows it to be a carafe when the brewing is complete. If you'd like a glass of sweet, refreshing iced coffee, all you have to do is substitute some hot water for ice cubes in the bottom of the Chemex. As you brew, the ice will flash chill the draining coffee. The coffeemaker is both easy to use and beautifully designed to complement any kitchen or cafe bar.
Chemex ratio is the coffee-to-water ratio. This will depend on the roast profile of the beans used, and personal taste, however we recommend starting with a 1:17 coffee-to-water ratio when brewing with the Chemex. So using a 17 to 1 brewing ratio, a brewer will have 510 grams of water for every 30 grams of ground coffee. Or for even math, just use 500 grams of water. Once you know you have the correct amount of coffee and water, place the Chemex Filter in the brewer with single fold away from the spout and multiple folds lined up against the spout. Rinse the filter with hot water to get a nice even seal all the way around. This preheats the brewer and gets rid of any paper flavor from the filter. Dump the rinse water and fold the filter toward the spout to reinforce this area.
Whats in the box?
- 1 x Chemex Classic 3 Cup Pour Over
- 1 x Chemex Woodern Collar
Basic Chemex Instructions
- Grind 25g coffee at a medium-coarse setting and place in filter.
- Saturate the grounds with 50ml of hot water, then rest.
- After 30 seconds, pour the remaining 355ml in slow, concentric circles.
- Allow the brewed coffee to drain, clean the filter, and enjoy.
- Crisp, Clean Coffee – Brews pour over coffee with a particularly crisp flavour and clean body.
- Borosilicate Glass – Durable, heat-resistant, and stunningly clear.
- Classic Design – Hourglass shape and wooden collar make the brewer a carafe as well.
- Hot + Iced Coffee – Allows you to easily brew iced coffee on warmer days.
- 450ml Capacity – Brews just enough coffee for 1-3 mugs.
A carefully cleaned and handled Chemex brewer will give you a lifetime of service. Remove the wooden handle and continue to hand wash with warm soap and water, or place the coffeemaker securely in the dishwasher.